I happened to be picking up some prints off the printer at work and saw something my supervisor had printed… It was a few different things from eHarmony… so I was curious to see why a married woman would be on eHarmony. Call me inquisitive, curious, or just nosey 🙂
…Anyway I really don’t care, but saw a survey with several interesting questions. Ones that I would like to know the answers to from my boyfriend, but even more of myself. So I transferred my interests to the survey and off my boss and her eHarmony journey… (might have to revisit this as work place gossip… who doesn’t love that stuff?)
Here are the questions and my answers, thoughts, feelings on each.
- Besides love, what one trait have you noticed in couples that have maintained a successful relationship for man years? I think, compromise, patience, honesty, respect, communication, family values.
- Looking back on your life, of what are you most proud? My independence. That is so important to me, I have provided for myself and been on my own-supporting myself since I graduated highschool. I have worked everyday since and have not either had 1 but at times 2 jobs. I don’t know if I could ever fully depend on someone else without feeling a loss of control. The idea of not being able to provide for myself, is my biggest fear.
- Describe some personal habits that are important to you. Being open and honest, communicating, being generous and giving, having goals and desires to always keep moving, keep learning, keep exploring.
- Describe an interest you have that you would truly hope your partner could share with you. My partner would have to share my love of animals. There is no way I could go without my dogs. That is an absolute must. I would also like my partner to enjoy some of the same things I do as far as arts, games, movies. Mostly just a partner that is open to new things.
- What is the one dream for your life you most look forward to having come true? I really want to get my health back on track and take better care of myself vs. always worrying about everyone else around me.
- In general, how many nights a week do you go out for entertainment? What sorts of things do you like to do when your out on the town? It varies when your in a relationship, my bf and I go out to dinner a couple of times a week. Love going to the movies when our schedules and pocketbooks permit.
- If you had three wishes, what would they be? I would wish for better health and healthier choices, I would wish for financial security, and I would wish for more time with my loved ones – especially the ones that have passed way to soon in my life.
- During a typical week, what sort of physical activities do you enjoy? I am loving going to the YMCA and taking Water Aerobic classes. I love taking the dogs to the dog park and when it’s not to hot outside, I love taking the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood.
- What is the most adventursome thing you’ve done in the past year? That’s a hard one. We went tubing down the river. (I hate rivers, they are so dirty, prefer the pool) I also got a new piercing.
- How big is your extended family? What are the holidays like for you and your family? I have several aunts and uncles and some extended family that I don’t even know very well also. Our family get togethers are usually just the immediate family due to the distance of everyone else all over the country. Unfortunately I think this year it will just be the bf, the doggies and I. Due to a fall out with my sister, I am not wanting to travel back home to be with them for the holidays. (Might Tell that story at a later time)
- What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done? I would have said spontaneous tatoos, but I think since that started, the night I decided to get my boobies pierced, well yeah that was very spontaneous.
- How important is it to you that your partner fulfill traditional gender roles? Would you like a woman who will cook, shop, keep house? Would you like a man who maintains the cars, manages the finances, and is handy around the house? I am not really a traditionalist on this topic. I must have control over some things, like the finances. I do need my bf to take care of the manly things like the car… just cause I have no clue. I would like him to be handy around the house, but if there were things he didn’t know how to do, that wouldnt bother me to much. I am glad that my bf does not tons about cars and is very handy and is also great with electronics and computers, so I am lucky in that aspect.
- What do you most like to do on a day off? Depends on the weather, when it’s warm out, love to be poolside. BBQ with friends, that kinda stuff. All other times, I’m a movie buff and love to go to the movies, hang out at home relaxing, going to hang out with friends. I’m pretty easy to please.
- When do you feel most afraid? When I get overwhelmed and can’t seem to prioritize everything I need or want to get done. When I get lost, that terrifies me. When I feel like I am failing at something, that makes me panic.
- If you could accomplish only one thing during the rest of your life, what whould it be? Hmm, I think I would like to go back and finish school and get my degree.
- They say life is about simple pleasures, what is your simplest pleasure adn how does it make you feel? Wow, I have so many simple pleasures that make me feel amazing. Playing with my dogs, goofing off and laughing with my bf, catching up with my family and friends. Cooking something delicious and having everyone or even just the bf and I loving it.
- What do you find physically attractive? Clean cut, well groomed man. Nice arms and hands. A great smile. Tight wranglers, cowboy hat, boots.
- Describe your own personal style. Depends on where I am going. I love to dress for comfort, shorts sandals, tshirts. But I also love dressing up and feeling sexy. Love short skirts, knee high boots, heels, sexy slightly revealing tops… something to stir the imagination.
- Tonight you can do anything you want, no penalties, no reprisals, and the cost is unimportant. What are you going to do? Gosh, I could be happy doing the usual, but also would love to do something exotic, like flying off to some beautiful location that I have never been and enjoy the scenery, dinner, touring the area, taking in other cultures.
- How would you spend a romantic evening with someone you have been dating for more than one year? Well I think the boyfriend and I have our own little romantic evenings all the time. But I think I should plan something… something like a picnic and go down to the lake or maybe a restraunt on the lake… I’m a water fan if you can’t tell. I think anything can be romantic as long as you take the time to make it your own, and special to the both of you.
- Looking back at your life, describe one particular event that you wish you had handled differently. I was once married for a year. I was rushed into it, and I should have taken the time I wanted to be more comfortable with the whole situation. Allowing someone to rush me into something I was not completely ready for turned out to be a bad thing.
- What do you think are the three best traits you have to offer a partner? Honest, Generous, Understanding.
- Does life look good to you right now? Describe your current emotional health. I am a very positive person and I try to stay positive as much as possible. I am happy with my life right now. Not to say I don’t worry and stress about things and have alot of things I am working on and trying to improve. I stress about my health and the struggle I have to get it on track. I worry enough for everyone around me. I always worry about making sure we are provided for. I am glad I have my bf by my side to keep me smiling and looking forward.
- Tell me about your closest friend. How long have you known him/her, and what do you like best about him/her? I have close friends that I have known for years and who I love to pieces, but I think the bf is my closest friend. There is nothing I can’t tell him. Although I have only known him/dated him for 5 years… it’s like he has known me forever. Noone knows me like he does. He knows what I am going to do or say before I even have a chance to do it. He makes me feel safe, comforted and loved. He has taken care of me and literally nursed me back to health after I have had surgeries. He has saved my life on multiple occasions when there was noone else there that could provide the care that he did. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about how much I love this man. He is by far, no angel, but he is my work in progress and I love him more everyday.
- Describe your spirtuality. Confusion at times. I grew up with religion all around me. My granny was Catholic and as a child I attended went through the whole CCD classes and such. As a teen we lived closer to my grandfather and we went to Church of Christ. My grandfather is a pastor and so I have had my fair share of religion. I wonder about other religions at times and what all the differences are. I do not go to church ever week like I did growning up. I now work 2 jobs and work 7 days a week, and although that’s not a good excuse, that’s kinda the only one I have right now. I do believe in God, and I do know he works miracles. I have experienced some of those throughout my life. I would really like to get back into going to church and sharing with like minded people. It is definitely a different environment and feeling when able to share with such people.
- What are your general feelings about money and personal wealth? This is a tough topic for me. I think I worry about money way to much. I do not have to have all the money in the world. I do not feel like I am greedy, I just want to make sure everything is provided for. I do not need the lavish to be happy, I just want to live comfortably and not have to live week to week for pay check to paycheck. I am not a namebrand person where I have to live up to all the hype. I love clipping coupons and get gratification when I get or find a great deal. Now that makes me happy 😛
- Describe your parents’ relationship with each other. My parents divorced when I was very young and my dad passed away when I was 8 from lung cancer. I don’t have alot of memories of my father that aren’t ones of us visiting him when he was ill, going through therapy. I have never really asked my mom alot about their relationship, the subject of my father wasnt one I brought up often because it only made me miss him more. I do know there was a vast age difference, my dad was 16 years older than my mom. There were other children from a previous marriage but they were all quite a bit older so we didn’t really grow up together. I do have contact with all of them, which is really nice. My mom and my grandparents have been it.
- How would you describe your childhood relationship with your mother and/or father? I had a very close family with my mom and my grandpa and step grandma. We had alot of family time, alot of get togethers as well. I grew up in a house with my grandfather being a captain on the police force and a pastor. I think at times my life was somewhat sheltered to how the world is today. My life overall was really great, I always had everything I ever needed and sometimes a little more. We were not wealthy by any means, but we did not go without either. I think my relationship with my mom got more and more close the older I got. Today my relationship with my mom is amazing. I am amazed at her for being a single parent and doing what I think is a great job. There is not anything I couldn’t tell her or talk to her about, which I treasure.
- Do you have any pets? Which types of animals do you love to be around? I think we have gone over this in previous posts, but I currently have 3 dogs and 1 bird. I have a toy chihuahua, a pomeranian and a bull mastiff. I also have a cockatiel. I have had miniture bunnies before as well as fish. I love all kinds of animals and if I had my way I would live out in the country with enough land to have more and more.
- How do you act when your angy? This would probably be better for the bf to answer.. haha. It sorta depends where and who I am mad at and just how mad I am. Sometimes I get very quiet and let it fester. Sometimes I lash out and have even said things I have regreted at times. Sometimes when really angry I get so emotional it just makes me cry.
There were quite a few more questions… but I think I’m gonna cut it short for now. I encourage you to question yourself, you, just like I, might stir up some things in yourself, or take a trip down memory lane.
Happy Hump Day !!